Are you eligible for a Kafalat Innovative loan guarantee?
The applying SME must fulfill all the following conditions:
• The loan is used in one of the following economic sectors: Industry, Agriculture,
Tourism, Traditional Crafts, or High Technology;
• The SME shall provide evidence in the form of a business plan, that it has the ability to repay the loan;
• The SME must not be engaged in any of the activities excluded under the scheme as stated below
• The start up must be a bona fide new business venture which has not conducted any commercial operation in the past;
• The start up should be a Lebanese registered entity employing in majority a Lebanese labour force; with the majority shareholder; or in the case of a sole trader or partnership, the individual or main partner should be a over 18 years of age;
• No default under any credit facility should have occurred during the 2 years prior to the date of loan request for any of the partners associated to the start up;
Preferably, the SME also
• Has the potential to export;
• Has potential to generate significant value added and/or use local raw materials and/or introduce new and innovative technologies;
• Operates in rural areas promoting basic infrastructure and financial support;
• Works with new prototypes, products, inventions based on detailed market analysis, financial and technical appraisal.
P.S: The fact that a start-up is undergoing mentoring and guidance from reliable, recognized entrepreneurs such as provided in the Bader or the Berytech programmes will weigh in favor of the investment that is being requested